Here are a few self-care tips for parents who want to make sure they're doing their best for their students:
1. Get enough sleep: This one is non-negotiable. You need to be well-rested in order to be able to focus and be at your best during the day. Make sure you're getting at least seven hours of sleep each night.
2. Eat healthy: Just like your kids need nutritious food to fuel their brains, you need healthy food too! Make sure you're getting plenty of fruits, vegetables, and protein. And don't forget to drink lots of water!
3. Take breaks: It's important to take some time for yourself every day, even if it's just 10 minutes. Use that time to do something you enjoy, like reading or listening to music.
4. Get organized: Having a system in place will help you feel more in control and less stressed. Whether it's a daily planner or a Google Calendar, find what works for you and use it!
5. Seek out help: If you're feeling overwhelmed, don't hesitate to reach out for help from family, friends, or even a tutor or tutor service like us here at Firefly Tutors. We're here to help!
Parenting is hard enough without adding school into the mix. But whether your kids are attending in-person or virtual school, you still need to find a way to juggle it all. And that’s where self-care comes in. Try these tips and tricks the next time you are feeling stressed.