As any parent knows, getting kids to learn their counting can be a real challenge. But luckily, there are a number of fun counting songs that can make the process a little more enjoyable - for both kids and adults! Here are five of our favorites:
1. "One, Two, Buckle My Shoe" is a classic counting song that helps kids practice their numbers 1-10. Plus, it's super easy to learn and sing along!
2. "Five Little Monkeys" is another great option for teaching kids to count 1-5. It's also fun to act out the monkey antics while singing!
3. "Ten in the Bed" is perfect for practicing those higher numbers. And who doesn't love singing about snuggling up with ten cute teddy bears?
4. "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" might not be the most kid-friendly lyrics, Switching out the lyrics to make it their own while keeping the focus on counting can be fun too. Such as replacing "beer" with the word “milk”. It's a great way to get them practice counting down from 99 - all the way to zero!
5. "The Wheels on the Bus" is a timeless hit that always gets kids moving - and counting! There are endless variations of this song, so get creative!
6. "Five Little Ducks" is a great choice for kids who are starting to learn about numbers above 10. It helps them understand how to count by fives, and it's also very catchy and fun to sing.
If your child is still struggling, it might be time to seek out some professional help. Look for tutors who specialize in teaching math to young children. They'll be able to provide individualized attention and tailor their lessons to your child's specific needs. With a little patience and practice, your child will be doing math equations before you know it.